Don't Miss

9 Human Foods You Should Never Feed Your Dog

grapes

If you are a new pet owner or were unaware that many human foods can be fatally poisonous to your dog, it’s important to know what your dog can’t have to protect it. Make sure you know all the foods and household items that are poisonous to dogs and tell your guests not to feed your pets at all. The two biggest risks when having a dog is that your children will drop something or feed them something not knowing it’s poisonous to your dog or that you won’t know something will poison your dog and you feed it to them trying to be nice. Make sure you talk to your friends about these potential hazards. It’s important to know in advance what you need to be extra careful with because most people are rushing to look things up online after their dog accidental beats them to a food that falls on the ground and often it can be too late for the poor animal.

1. Grapes and Raisins

One of the unique symptoms of grape or raisin poisoning in a dog is that their kidney will not produce urine. If you dog doesn’t seem to be able to get anything or barely able to get anything out, this could be a sign you need to take them to the vet. Raisins and grapes are known to cause sudden kidney failure and even small amounts can be fatal. If your dog becomes lethargic, stops eating, vomits or has diarrhea you should take it to the animal hospital immediately.

About Staff Writer

Our staff writers have expertise in a wide variety of areas. Each article that they write is thoroughly researched.