Chocolate is extremely toxic to dogs and you need to make sure you do not leave desserts out on the counter or table where they may jump up to get them. Even chocolate milk can be very bad for dogs. Be especially careful during the holidays like halloween, easter and Christmas when extra sweets are floating around the house. The theobromine in chocolate will cause hyperactivity, increased urination, possible racing heart, muscle twitching and panting. It affects the central nervous system and can cause vomiting or death. Make sure you don’t keep chocolate laying around the house and be extra careful if you have children that might hide some under the bed.